Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Day in the Country

Today Mommy, Daddy and I took an excursion
through Arlington's Great Meadow,
a large wetland with lots of wildlife and hiking trails.
Here are some pictures to document our journey!



We started out at Brigham's, where I happily enjoyed
my milk and a hot dog as an appetizer. . .


Now I am eagerly awaiting the main course:
ICE CREAM!


Next we went to a farmer's market
across the street from the Great Meadow.
I thought the flowers were really pretty!
I wanted to pick one for my mommy,
but she wouldn't let me.


This was the beginning of the hiking trail.
The water was all covered
with strange green ooze!



A pretty tree. . .


Mommy guiding me safely through the tall grass

I am excited to get on our way!



The sign that leads into the forest. . .

. . . and the path that leads through the woods.


Taking a little break on the gravel!


"What's that, Mommy?"

Hello everyone!

A pretty purple flower


Me and Daddy, heading out to explore.


This little fellow came out of the swamp
to say hello, and to get warm in the sun.

He's coming in for the layup!


No comments: